The Raspberry Pi Page
I’ve been working on developing device controllers with the Raspberry Pi. I’ve also had to learn a lot about programming the Pi in the process.
From Apple to Raspberry Pi
A collection of my ongoing blog-posts on transitioning into a Raspberry Pi from being a iPhone App developer since 2011.
Going from Apple to Raspberry Pi An introduction to my adventures with the Raspberry Pi
Basic Programming Techniques
- Variables and Types A few thoughts on the difference between static and dynamic typing.
- Look ma! No Braces!! Unlike C-based syntax, Python uses a four space tab to indicate blocks of code. What does that mean?
- Python’s If An introduction to the If…elif…else structure of Python, which does all of Switch…case and if in one foul swoop.
- While Loops A look at one common loop structure in Python.
- Python for Loops A very differnt philosophy went into the for loop compared to many computer languages. Think “fast enumeration”
Using Functions and Classes
Python GUI :TKinter
Tkinter is the standard module for Graphical user interfaces in Python.
A number of other resources out there that have been very helpful:
Adafruit Learning System — Raspberry Pi
I learned a lot about setup here. I have not yet tried some of the electronics projects, but I’m planning to. Here’s ones I’ve used: